Friday, December 29, 2017

Closing thoughts on 2017


Any last thoughts on 2017? Yes, many. 2017 was quite a year for the world. A terrible year for rock and roll which left many musicians dead, of drugs, suicide, and unavoidable old age. California had the worst fires ever and the blazes were only about ten miles away from my house. Donald Trump was elected and has done a terrible job in office. Americans found out that the election was heavily influenced by Russian trolls, called hackers but I prefer to think of them as trolls. Unrest in the Middle East, especially surrounding Israel and Palestine, after Trump made a comment calling Jerusalem the capital of Israel. I started working in a different department at my work. In addition, I started to read a lot more, to increase my knowledge, improve my writing (for the blog), promote the blog on Twitter, play piano, start singing and playing guitar at the same time at the open jam and with my 'band' (a two man band right now), and really focusing on losing weight. Wow, that's a lot! I could probably go on and on, because this year was jam packed with tons of events, information, and there are probably things that happened that I either don't know about or simply forgot.

Its hard to say anything of real intrinsic value happened to me. One could say that reading has really opened up my world, increasing my knowledge and improving my creativity and involvement in writing. And then there's the different position at my job. Now, the latest I get off from work is nine pm whereas before I was working as late as one am pretty much every shift. I don't miss those days but I'm not totally against them either. Life has improved for me in many ways. I think I've become a better, smarter, and more evolved person. Not bad.

On that note I'd like to say that I'm hopeful about the future, mine, America's, and the world. Things may seem grim and bad things happen all the time but we should continue to work together to overcome these obstacles and improve the world in which we live.

Leave the place better than when you first entered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...