Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Holidays Are Here But Not Quite Plus Gaming Decay And Band Update


Just wanted to do a little personal blog post tonight about the holidays coming up and life in general. Not everybody is a super big fan of the holidays but I think they are ok. For me the holidays begin at the end of this month, around Thanksgiving and then forward unto (darkness! :D) to Black Friday. For me Black Friday is a big deal because I always buy something awesome for myself that day.

This year I'm planning on buying Battlefield 1 from Fry's, Bestbuy, or Gamestop. My hope is that the game drops in price for Black Friday. I know its still a relatively new game but c'mon now its been out for a bit.

Also, looking forward to Thanksgiving. I'm only working four hours that day and its a early day shift so I'm looking forward to working and coming home early and hanging out with the family.

Christmas is going to be interesting. Last Christmases I got a lot of people at work stuff but I think this year I'm just gonna focus on getting my friends and family gifts lol. It got pretty expensive previous Christmases and this year I need to focus on the right gifts for the people in my inner circle.

Been gaming quite a bit as well. Sombra will probably be on the live Overwatch server in time for Thanksgiving, one could only hope. She will bring in a lot of interesting team plays to the game but she will also invigorate the game and get the casual players playing more again. As much as I love Overwatch I think I've been consumed by it in a way. I'll probably take a Sabbatical from it and play other games, write songs, and record them.

I've been trying to balance my home life effectively. I game in the early part of the day and practice guitar after, then I go into work. Sometimes I end up just hanging out with my friends and going to work but those days are like my weekends because I don't get weekends off.

My friends and I have a band but we have no name yet and we don't know any songs other than the Adventure Time theme song. The guys have a way to go with their playing but I was thinking about showing them some simple songs and seeing if they can play it all in time together. I'm thinking The Ramones or Black Sabbath, maybe both. That's the plan for this Wednesday. The other guitarist is new but he's getting the hang of it through my lessons but our bass player needs work on his timing as well as his general technique. In time I think they could be good musicians. Longer time will tell if they could become great musicians. We don't have a drummer yet but I'm thinking of using programmed drums until we get some songs and material going. Which should be pretty soon.  

So far I've just been showing them basic chords for the guitar player, rhythm and timing for the bass player, and a lot of technical technique things that would cost them a shit ton of money if they took lessons. I'm actually a great teacher. I think if I never go anywhere career-wise with music I'll probably settle for just being a teacher. I'd even be down to go back to college (probably community college) to get a music degree for that. Who knows.

After work every night I try to listen to new music-any kind but mostly jazz, classical, or metal. I write here for the blog most nights. I do it mostly for myself as a record of all the cool stuff I do and am into. I think its cool that I get a ton of views from all over the world, thanks for reading whoever you are! Its a terrific feeling knowing that my blog gets good traffic.

As you can see life is good. And that ain't not bad. 

Keep reading and if you like what you see feel free to leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...