Sunday, October 4, 2015

Update 1.07

     

     Hey, its been a few nights since I haven't written anything so I figured I should just do a kind of update on what's been up. I know the blog has gotten a lot more personal lately and hasn't really been about music-particularly jazz but that doesn't mean that I haven't been listening! In fact, almost everyday that I'm online on my desktop or laptop I'm listening to jazz, mostly free jazz stuff. I'm part of a group on Facebook called free jazz. We currently have over 10,000 members. If you ever want to check out some new interesting music or the avant-garde side of jazz check out the page here https://www.facebook.com/groups/342186855874771/. Feel free to join if you want to listen to great free jazz. I like to post newer musicians playing on there. Its a great community with people from all over the world. I've had the pleasure of exchanging messages with other people in the group about the music they post. It's a great time. I would give Facebook a 10 out of 10 just because of this group. Anyways, what's been up?
     I've been working a lot more. In fact, this week I got over 40 hours. And next week looks about the same. It's pretty cool that I'm getting hours at my job now because before I was only getting about 25-30 hours. It's great especially with the holidays coming up and what not. I'm going to have to get my friends gifts this year as well as my family because my friends got me gifts for my birthday. Work has been hard but in the end its good for my character as well as my bank account. As my best friend from Wisconsin said today when we talked about my job,"It is what it is". Indeed my friend.
     Today was my only day off this week. It was pretty awesome. My brother woke me up bright and early (for me) at 11 am and told me he had an sd card for me because I was going to download the Super Smash Brothers Brawl mod called Project M onto it and put it inside my Wii U with Brawl-creating a great add-on. It's hard to call Project M its own game, its more like a mod made by the community for competitive gaming. It has a strong community and player base. It adds some new mechanics and more characters that aren't in Brawl, characters like Roy and Mewtwo. My brother and I looked up how to download the files and how to do it and format the sd card and my bro did all the stuff necessary and now I have Project M downloaded onto an sd card. Now I just have to wait until my copy of Brawl comes in via Amazon. My Wii Remote Plus came in the mail today so that was cool too. I usually order a lot of cool stuff from Amazon, I'm kind of a big customer online. I usually buy gaming accessories and shirts.
     In the middle of the day I practiced guitar. I figured out how to play Mr. Sandman with chords in a pretty stylized way-using sixth chords, which is how I think most guitarists play it. I just can't play it like Chet Atkins, with the Travis picking style. I leave that for the professionals. I got in a lot of good licks today and played a couple standards. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have my weekly guitar lesson. I haven't been playing as much as I should but I am playing every day at least for a little while. Recently I have been practicing improvising lines that I 'm singing in my head and thinking of the next one while playing the last one. It's quite difficult but I am getting better and sounding more melodic playing in this manner.
     In addition, my friends came over today and we played a lot of Smash 4 on the brand new Wii U. We played a couple versus matches but we spent the majority of the time unlocking stages by completing events and doing whatever else was necessary to unlock the stages that I was missing. It was cool unlocking Smashville because that's my favorite stage for fun and for tournaments. We ended up playing this mini game in Smash where you have to take turns around a grid, kind of like Mario Party. We had to do like three games of it that lasted 15 turns-all just to unlock the Pac Man stage. We ended up having a lot of fun. In the free for all matches we did I did pretty good with Ryu. Things are looking good for me using Ryu as a secondary after Fox.
     After my buddies left I played Heroes of the Storm, trying to complete quests for in game gold used to buy characters. I have 10,000 gold now, after playing a lot of games with Murky, this cute little Murloc from World of Warcraft. He's this frog-like creature that spawns an egg where he can respawn from. He's pretty weak but if played right he can be deadly and annoying. I'm starting to like him a lot. Today was the first time I really played him and tested out all his skills and best skill tree. He's definitely one of the most interesting characters in the game. His ultimate, March of the Murlocs is my favorite special move in the game. A bunch of tiny little murlocs come out and attack, slowing down enemy players and damaging them. I'm looking forward to the next patch because I heard on Tuesday we're going to get the Medic from Starcraft Broodwar. So I'm going to save my gold for that character instead of whats available at the moment. That's Murky vs Johanna in the picture. I haven't forgotten about my good ole pc master race console. Life is good. Jah is good. Keep the faith.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...