Monday, October 5, 2015

Summer's almost gone

   
     Just thought I'd do a little rant on the change of seasons and the holidays incoming. The first thing I noticed when I got up today was that it wasn't hot, neither in my room nor outside. In fact, I found it to be a bit chilly. Welcome to October in California. It was really only like 60 degrees but that makes a huge difference from the 90-100 degree weather we were having just a month ago. Things are looking better climate-wise here in Cali. Sometimes when it gets super cold here it reminds me of Wisconsin, where I used to live about 3 years ago. I happen to have a bit of a cold at the moment so when I left for work I made sure to wear my signature North Face jacket, which I have two of. I find North Face to be such a Wisconsin brand because when I lived there practically everyone wore it. I'm looking forward to the cool weather. Now maybe I won't have to turn on the air conditioner when I'm chilling in my room.
     Also, the holidays are coming up here after Halloween and the start of November (Black Friday and all that). I'm thinking of plans for gifts and all that for my friends and family for Christmas already. I know its a bit early but I'm already thinking of stuff.
     For friend #1 I was going to get him Fire Emblem Awakening. For friend #2 I would get him some game on the 3DS. For friend #3 I would get him an Xbox game. For step-dad I would get him either a book or a jazz CD (saxophonist Steve Coleman stuff). For my older brother I would get him a PC game (Shovel Knight, Metal Gear V, etc). For my younger brother I might give him my used tablet (because I have the Wii U game-pad, which kind of works like a tablet too) or a jazz CD. For my mother I would send a Buddha figurine (because she's a Buddhist now). For my step-mother I would get her an interesting ukulele or some other small musical instrument. I'm thinking that all this stuff is going to cost a lot so I'm going to start saving now. The only real expensive stuff that I want that is coming up is the Starcraft II Legacy of the Void Deluxe edition which I have on pre-order at the moment. It's coming out November 10, which is only about a month away. November is when all the new games are coming out. This year and next year is going to be a crazy good year for gamers. I know that in November on the 10th, Starwars Battlefront III is coming out as well as Fallout 4. Not only that but there's also the new Call of Duty Black Ops 3. A great haul incoming for gamers in November! On December 4th Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out on the Wii U. I'm definitely going to pick that up or my older brother will because that's basically the only game he wants to play that's a Wii U exclusive.
     Anyways,  I'm probably going to pick up Legacy of the Void and Xenoblade Chronicles X. What awaits us in 2016 is more great stuff. But because all this stuff is going to be pricey I'm going to be saving up, it'll be worth it to have an amazing Christmas with my friends and family. Christmas here has always been great. Maybe we can even get my younger brother out here to enjoy it with us. I should mention that October's my brother's birthday month so I'll probably send him something as a gift through the post. Either a CD or a book would be good. I'll probably end up sending him my Herbie Hancock autobiography book, I think he would love reading that.
     I'm also looking forward to Halloween because I might go to Halloween party with my friends. I was thinking of cosplaying as Ash Ketchum from Pokemon but I might think of some other characters. Other peeps I'm interested in cosplaying are Ryu and Snake. I would definitely do a cosplay of Snake, it would be sick to have a black Solid Snake at a party!
     On a side note, I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving because I love eating Turkey prepared in a Chinese style, it's so good! Anyways, that's the end of this rant. I'm going to try to get back to writing about music, particularly jazz. I know the blog has kind of side-tracked and gotten to be about my personal life and gaming. I think it's cooler to write about music and I'm going to make an effort to get back to that soon. It is called ofigueroamusic.blogspot.com after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...